VENDOR PARTNER INFORMATION GUIDE
Smart Utility Summit | November 14-16, 2022
Moody Gardens Hotel and Spa | Galveston, Texas
Moody Gardens Hotel, Spa, and Conference Center
7 Hope Boulevard
Galveston, TX 77554
For guestroom reservations, please follow this hotel reservation link or call +1 409-741-8484 and identify your self as being with the Smart Utility Summit (SUS) vendor room block.* Reservations must be made immediately. Failure to do so may result in Moody Gardens being sold out with no rooms available. The cut-off date to make reservations is October 24, 2022!
*Endeavor DOES NOT use any third-party service providers with regards to aiding vendors in making their rooming/accommodation reservations. Endeavor has reserved a Contracted Vendor Room Block which is available to Vendors making rooming/accommodation reservations on a first-come, first-served basis by using the hotel reservation link above. Completing this process as soon as possible assures Vendor Partners the Endeavor contracted rate and ability to stay on-site throughout the Summit.
The SUS Registration/Information Desk is where you will collect your Summit materials when you arrive on-site. It will be open at the Masters Registration Desk during the following hours:
- 11:30am - 5:30pm on Monday, November 14
- 7:00am - 4:15pm on Tuesday, November 15
- 7:30am - 2:00pm on Wednesday, November 16
The Exhibitor Service Center is located inside the Summit Solution Showcase, which will be held in the Expo Hall A. It will remain open during the setup and teardown process to assist each vendor with any logistical concerns. The Service Center can address questions regarding:
- On-Site Service Orders
- Communication Lines
- Electrical Connections
- Audio-Visual Requests
Executive Boardroom Presentations will take place in a U-shape design allowing maximum interaction between all participating parties. There will be chairs placed around three sides of the table with one end open for audio-visual equipment. Four additional chairs will be placed at the back of the room for additional attendees.
A uniformed SUS group leader will be present in your boardroom for assistance and to answer questions regarding AV, retrieving boxes, room conditions, etc. The group leader will confirm the length of your session and review the procedure for ending the meeting. Before your boardroom session begins, the group leader will distribute the Utility Executive boardroom survey provided by SUS. All sessions will be timed by the group leader. Your session includes time for questions, answers, and to fill out the survey.
Each boardroom is equipped with a projector and screen. Internet connectivity (during boardroom presentations and on the Summit Solution Showcase floor) is the sole responsibility of participating Vendor Partners. We recommend that you do not rely on the resort Wi-Fi for your presentations as connectivity is not always dependable. The following are available through the resort for an additional charge: power strips and flip charts (with markers).
Be prepared for anything! You should always have a backup presentation to implement should the equipment fail or in case of other unforeseen circumstances.
These services are available and may be subject to additional charges:
- Phone connection
- Electricity at your booth space
Audio-visual and computer equipment may also be ordered (you will receive information directly from Exhibitor Services within the coming weeks).
The Summit Solution Showcase
The SUS staff will be available to answer questions and assist with any last-minute requests at the SUS Information Desk and at the Exhibitor Service Center. Please read the rules and regulations below, which will answer many questions that you may have.
The Summit Solution Showcase allows you the opportunity to showcase your products for the Utility Executives and interact with them in a traditional trade show environment. It is important for our participating Vendor Partners to understand that if you elect to not set up a booth on the Summit Solution Showcase floor it will look conspicuous at best. It is expected that our participating vendor partners are represented on the floor. This format allows you to:
- Meet one-on-one with Utility Executives, media representatives, and/or industry analysts
- Showcase your products and services
- Display your latest power solutions
Your Summit Solution Showcase booth location will be provided to you a week prior to the Summit and this location is non-transferable. The Fire Marshal will have the final decision on the floor layout. SUS will provide each Utility Executive with a detailed map to locate all participating Vendor Partners. Please review the forms and their deadlines for any special needs you may have, including electrical and communication requirements.
Your location will include:
- One (1) 7" x 44" ID sign
- One (1) 6' rectangular draped table
- Two (2) side chairs
- One (1) wastebasket
- Location to be assigned 1-2 weeks before the event
The Solution Showcase setup time is Monday, November 14th from 11:00am to 5:00pm and on Tuesday, November 15th from 11:30am to 3:00pm. This schedule will be strictly enforced! Please note that you may need to schedule your flight earlier to arrive at the hotel to accommodate these times.
Teardown takes place on Wednesday, November 16th from 6:00pm to 10:00pm. Teardown is NOT permitted until the SUS Solution Showcase closes on Wednesday. A member of each Vendor company must be present during the Solution Showcase. Teardown must be completed by 10:00pm on Wednesday. At this time, all areas will be packed and prepared for the rental companies to pick up equipment. A fee will be charged for any items left behind. Shipping and storage of equipment will be handled by GEMS, our tradeshow contractor (see information below).
In an effort to keep a consistent look and feel to the Summit Solution Showcase, we have established a few rules and regulations. These are to help you successfully meet with Utility Executives. Thank you for following these guidelines while your company is planning for SUS!
- Signage provided by SUS for each Vendor may not be removed, blocked, or altered in any manner.
- Promotional material may only be displayed within your designated space. No promotional materials may be distributed within Vendor locations, unless during open hours of the Solution Showcase.
- It is mandatory that your location in the Summit Solution Showcase be staffed during open hours, one half-hour before opening, and one half-hour after closing.
- SUS is NOT responsible for lost, stolen, or broken items. Please bring any laptops, hand-held computers, or items of value to your guestrooms.
- Participating Vendors are solely responsible for their own demonstration materials, products, and other property and should insure products from loss or damage from any cause whatsoever. All property of participating Vendors in transit to, from, or within the confines of the demonstration area is in the care, custody, and control of the Vendors themselves. Event Management or its suppliers or service providers shall bear no responsibility for lost, stolen, damaged, or abandoned materials. All property remaining in the Summit facility after the end of the Summit shall be subject to storage or disposal at the Supplier's expense, at the sole option of the Management.
DO NOT SHIP FREIGHT DIRECTLY TO MOODY GARDENS THEY ARE NOT EQUIPPED TO HANDLE SHOW FREIGHT. Shipping directly to Moody Gardens will result in handling charges from Sawgrass as well as GEMS Expo Services (our official trade show contractor). Collect Shipments will be REFUSED. 30 DAYS STORAGE IS INCLUDED WITH YOUR MATERIAL HANDLING FEE. All additional shipping information is covered in the Service Manual, provided by GEMS.
The Summit Solution Showcase Service Manual will provide you with all the pertinent information you will need for your booth space on the SUS Solution Showcase Floor. To receive a Service Manual, email Jill Zinkus with the information listed below and she will provide you with a private GEMS username and password to access your Manual online.
In the email to Jill:
- Let her know that you are participating in SUS 2022.
- Provide your company name.
- Provide your contact name and phone number.
- Request a personal GEMS username and password.
The email response will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep an eye out in your Junk folder as well! If you do not receive an email, follow up with Jill Zinkus.
Still have questions?
Contact Deidre Van Norman
Director of Sales & Vendor Participation
O: +1 918-831-9574 | M: +1 281-216-8608